A: There are certainly cases where attorney representation is not required. These are normally cases where out of work is limited to a no days or only few days or very little medical treatment is required. Most attorneys including our firm, will at least one time provide a free consultation with you to understand and advise you on the best course of action for your claim. However, if you experienced any of the following then you will definitely want to consult with an attorney:
- Physical impairment from the injury;
- Insurance denial of claim;
- Loss of income without compensation;
- Third party at fault for causing the injury (ie. automobile accident, or product liability);
- Failure of employer to provide medical treatment.
There are different methods of resolving a Worker’s compensation claim. If you choose the wrong method without representation then you may limit the benefits that you are entitled to receive.